Apply for SEN Assistants Needed In Southwark job in Southwark, Greater London, United Kingdom. Education jobs in Southwark.
Job Title: SEN Assistants Needed In Southwark
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £60 – £75/day
We are looking for SEN teaching assistants to support pupils within a SEN secondary school in the heart of Southwark. This school has convenient transport links and is reachable by bus, tube and car although parking at the school is limited. The school accommodates for young people who have severe, complex or profound learning disabilities. For this role you must be confident working with secondary aged pupils and managing their behaviour.
This is a full-time support position up until the end of the 2020/2021 academic school year, with a competitive salary.
• Managing pupil's behaviour and everyday needs.
• Helping the students with their life skills.
• Some personal care.
• Working with the teacher to assess pupil's levels and ability.
• Ensuring the schools ethos and policies are being implemented.
• Supporting students with work set by the class teacher.
For this role, you will have:
• Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units or in Youth Work.
• Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
• Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
• Happy to work one to one and small group work
• An enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
Here at Protocol Education, we strive to ensure that each candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years, we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00
Please note that you will not be considered for this position if you don't possess an enhanced DBS Disclosure, or if you are not eligible to work in the UK