Apply for School support worker for young offenders job in Huddersfield, Kirklees, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Education jobs in Huddersfield, Kirklees.
Job Title: School support worker for young offenders
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Huddersfield, Kirklees
Salary: £70 – £85/day
School support worker for young offenders
* Huddersfield Specialist school setting
* £70 – £85 (per day dependant on experience)
* Vision are flexible on start date around candidate availability
* Pupil Referral Unit (school based setting NOT a youth offending unit)
* Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. – The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is: Relevant experience in a similar setting or background in the past few years
Vision for Education Huddersfield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a School Support Worker to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 that have been placed into care by the youth justice board (YJB) as a result of a crime that they have been convicted of. This role is to support vulnerable young learners who are no longer in mainstream education (school based setting). The successful School support worker for young offenders will be able to build relationships quickly and have a none judgemental mindset.
To be considered for this School Support Worker position you must have some experience in dealing with challenging behaviours in the past few year. This role can be really challenging however it’s a very rewarding role for the right Support worker who wants to make a difference in young learner’s lives.
To be considered for the School support worker for young offenders role you must:
* Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
* Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
* Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
* Experience working with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
* Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
* £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education. #Visionsupport