Post Brexit RORO Regulations Between the UK and EU

QuestionCan you please confirm if, after July, goods move IE via GB to FR under T2, are 4 safety & security declarations required, or just one out of IE and one into GB

AnswerSafety and Security requirements will still apply for goods being moved using transit, although Entry Summary declarations (ENS) will only be required for movements from the EU to GB from 1 July 2021 as part of the staging-in of controls. As you probably know, if you are completing an Export in GB the EXS can be completed at the same time, but in cases like the example you have given in your query, an export in GB is not required where GB is only acting as a land-bridge.

To ease this type of situation from day 1, there will be a waiver for an EXS to be completed for exiting GB using RoRo for three Months from the 1st January to 31st March 2021. This only applies to RoRo movements where there would normally be a requirement for an EXS and I assume from the anticipated routing in your email, RoRo will be correct in this case.
EXS requirements will apply to other types of movements from Great Britain to the EU from 1 January 2021, and will continue to apply to movements from GB to the Rest of the World.
So, from April 2021 in the land-bridge situation you described, an EXS will be required at the point of exiting GB. From July 2021, there will S&S requirements on both entry into GB and exit from GB.
For joint exit summary declarations and customs export declarations, or for standalone exit summary declarations, the submission is made on CHIEF/Customs Declaration Service and data is shared with the UKS&S system, ‘S&S GB’. SECTION 3.1.5 of the Border Operating Model provides further detail on S&S requirements.

Related Post Brexit Trade Questions and Answers

Import of transport boxes for shipment of human tissue samples – Post Brexit

How to Export Lactose Powder to EU – Animal origin – Post Brexit

Will animal-derived enzymes (e.g. porcine pancreatic lipase) need to be imported/exported through UK BCP’s?

Speeding import in the receiving EU Country – Post Brexit – Import Duty

P2P – Exports from the UK via Dover – Post Brexit

Export from UK Direct to EU Hospitals or Private Health Clinics – Post Brexit

When will guidance be published regarding enforcement of EU rules for food labelling in Northern Ireland?

Import – Export Products from Switzerland – Post Brexit

Short term workers coming from UK to EU – Post Brexit

Responsible Person – toiletries and cleaning products – Post Brexit

Exporting goods already imported from the EU or from where they have an FTA – Post Brexit

Import – Export to and from the EU Post Brexit – VAT and Tax Questions

NCTS Slowness – Post Brexit – Import – Export

CHIEF Overloaded Post Brexit – Delay with EU Deliveries

Will my customers in the EU have to start paying VAT in their country? Post Brexit

UK rules to determine country of origin – Post Brexit

Will dried herbs and spices require phytosanitary certificate for each order? Post Brexit

Importing – exporting frozen prawns to and from the EU and UK – Post Brexit

Importing – Exporting Meat Products to and from the EU Post Brexit

Organic shipments arriving in to the UK will require a specific organic certificate for each arrival – Post Brexit

Phytosanitary Certificate Requirement to import to and from the EU – Post Brexit

Transit procedure GB to NI via IE – Post Brexit – Export – Import

Service Providers to Export and Import to and from the EU – Post Brexit

Leave a Comment