Apply for Newly Qualified Accountant job in Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom. Accounting/Financial/Insurance jobs in Newport.
Job Title: Newly Qualified Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Job Description: Newly Qualified Accountant – Newport
£Competitive Salary + Bonus + 33 Days Holiday + Pension
The company are an industry leader within the semi-conductor industry with an excellent reputation for training and development and a low turnover of staff due to staff satisfaction and career progression opportunities.
Key areas of responsibility include the following:
– Support the development of the annual risk assessment and provide input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan
– Perform audits and consultative procedures including the following:
– Design work program to achieve objectives
– Conduct interviews, review documents, and prepare work papers documenting audits of key internal controls and key operational processes
– Review and analyze evidence and document processes and procedures
– Identify, develop, and document relevant audit issues and value added recommendations
– Communicate the results of projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management
– Work with business management to develop and implement practical solutions to address audit findings
– Travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
– Must be a qualified accountant and must have worked in a big 4 accountancy practice
– Must be hard-working with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team
– Candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with a sense of ownership, urgency, and intellectual curiosity
– Independent and critical thinker, analytical, fast-learner and excellent eye for detail
– Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with the ability to get things done
– Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
– Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and be flexible with constant change
– Comfortable reaching out to others and working with different levels of management and groups within an organization.
– Ability to integrate operational issues and financial concepts and data into compelling plans and actions
– Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
– Excellent verbal and written communications, including interviewing skills and presenting findings and recommendations.
– Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
– Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
– Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Accounting & Finance and hold a UK recognized accounting qualification. Experience working in a 'Big 4' accounting firm essential.
– Maters level degree in Accounting and Finance and experience working in an internal audit role in addition to 'big 4' experience is desirable but not essential.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003