Apply for Learning Support Practitioner job in West Bromwich, West Midlands (County), United Kingdom. Education jobs in West Bromwich.
Job Title: Learning Support Practitioner
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £64 – £75/day
Job Description: Smile Education are a leading Recruitment service for schools across the West Midlands and Surrounding areas.
We are currently working with one of our partner schools in West Bromwich to find an enthusiastic Learning Support Practitioner (LSP) to provide support to a Year 6 pupil with Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs.
This role is a full-time position and will involve working on a 1:1 basis with the pupil, both within the classroom and in the learning centre. It is important that the successful candidate has prior experience of supporting pupils with Behavioural issues, who can draw on their previous positions to provide a calm and nurturing environment.
The role has an immediate start available and is expected to run for the remainder of the academic year, with the potential to be extended.
In return the school offers a friendly and welcoming learning environment, with a solid support system for all staff from Senior Leadership.
– Support the pupil on a 1:1 basis within the classroom and Learning Centre
– Liaise with the Class Teacher, SENCO and Parents/Guardian of the Pupil
– Record and track progress and attainment
To be considered for this role, you will need the following;
– Relevant qualifications
– A minimum of 1 year experience of supporting SEND Pupils
– Experience of working on a 1:1 basis
– Strong behaviour management
– Suitable references
Here at Smile we always support and encourage our hardworking staff and are happy to offer the following benefits;
· To scale rate of pay for this position.
This is paid weekly, to make you Smile every Friday!
· You will also have a dedicated personal Consultant available to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who will be on hand to support you when starting your new role.
· Invitations to fun social events – Christmas party / Family fun charity days
· Teacher of the month prizes
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, or for a confidential chat to discuss any other roles we currently have to offer, then please contact us.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications