Apply for Joint Venture & Investment Accountant job in Glasgow, Glasgow City, City of Glasgow, United Kingdom. Accounting/Financial/Insurance jobs in Glasgow, Glasgow City.
Job Title: Joint Venture & Investment Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow, Glasgow City
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Within our Finance division, in our People & Places Solutions line of business, we are actively recruiting for a Joint Venture & Investment Accountant to join our busy team in Glasgow.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role will have lead finance responsibility for reporting and operations engagement across the People & Places Solutions (P&PS) EMEA region’s joint venture portfolio.
Financial Reporting, Budgeting & Forecasting
* Lead month end process, liaising with embedded Joint Venture Finance teams to prepare financial results for posting to Jacobs Oracle ERP
* Provide financial commentary and variance analysis of actual data to budget/outlook/forecast for Finance Manager and P&PS EMEA Controller
* Prepare monthly joint venture financial reporting pack focusing on identifying key trends and potential risk and opportunities for release to senior organisational stakeholders across the JV portfolio
* Provide financial input for joint ventures to Jacobs quarterly rolling forecast business planning process, working with Head of Operations to gain necessary approval
* Drive improvements in financial reporting processes, cash management and the budgeting/forecast process, in conjunction with Global Business Services Finance colleagues in Poland
* Undertake ad hoc reporting and participate in special projects/investment appraisals of potential future Jacobs investments as required
Finance Business Partnering
* Lead contact for all regional joint venture activities, inter-facing with Jacobs JV Board Members, other senior operational stakeholders and Corporate Finance
* Support on-going management of joint ventures and Jacobs understanding of underlying performance
* Attend monthly internal Joint Venture Portfolio Review, supporting Finance Manager, giving financial insight and challenge to Head of Operations and Director of Projects
* Attend monthly Finance & Commercial Reviews with joint venture management, finance and commercial leads from partner companies to challenge and advise on finance and commercial matters
* Provide financial input regarding labour and overhead costs for all material bids and tenders. Plus, advice regarding appropriate contractual commercial terms and conditions, including FX, tax and credit implications where applicable, seeking support from Regional Accounting as required
Corporate Governance & Controls
* Ensure accuracy and consistency in application of Accounting Policy and Standards
* Primary liaison on joint venture audit matters for P&PS EMEA region, working with Jacobs corporate joint venture reporting team and external audit to support internal and external audit activities
* Co-ordinate and provide oversight of client audit of rates and costs in accordance with client agreement
* Drive best in class cash management around DSO and WIP (collections and invoicing efficiency).
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
* Experience in preparation of financial accounts
* Working knowledge of current accounting standards and principles
* Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
* Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Prior experience of joint venture accounting
* Working knowledge of Oracle ERP system
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key business partners with a track record of influencing non-financial decision makers
* Attention to detail, able to produce work with high degree of accuracy when working to tight deadlines
* Experience in supporting external audit process
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently – we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all